Annual Meeting This Saturday

Chris Watson

Aug 11, 2013, 8:50:09 AM8/11/13
to nc-ginseng-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone!

The NC Ginseng Association will be holding an annual meeting this Saturday from 1-3. Please plan on attending as there is much to discuss. Below is the agenda for the meeting.

First Annual Meeting of the

NC Ginseng Association

August 17, 2013

Madison County Extension

256 Carolina Lane, Marshall, NC 28753

Gathering & Networking 1 - 1:30 PM

Call to order

Old Business:

  1. Overall program, Discussion of American Ginseng Expo 12/2/12, Explaining the West Virginia model, Robert Eidus
  2. Explanation of the Mountain Rose proposal, Robert Eidus
  3. USDA Grant application and details, Chris Watson
  4. Nonprofit status with NC State, Articles of Incorporation and By-laws, Chris Watson

New Business:

  1. Financial obligations (dues) of the NC Ginseng Association and monies sent to the Sec. of State, Robert Eidus
  2. EIN and backing possibilities, Carrie Berry
  3. Guest speaker from NCDA marketing and commodities (Possible)
  4. Election of Board members and Officers

Adjoin 2:30 PM

Networking with pot-luck healthy finger food and teas.

STEVEN NEULIEP

Aug 13, 2013, 7:53:05 AM8/13/13
to Chris Watson, nc-ginseng-...@googlegroups.com
To All:

It is with much regret that I need to inform everyone that I will not be able to attend our 1st annual meeting. I will be out of town and there is simply no rearranging that I could do to make it work.

Hence, I have a couple of things I would like to relay to the entire group.

1.) I would like to proxy my vote, should that be needed to Robert Eidus. He and I have talked a lot and I am confident that he will do what is in the best interest of the Association with my vote.

2.) I am more than willing to step down and with the amount of time that I have been able to devote to the Association feel that it is probably best in everybody's interest to have me do so. I will continue to be as participatory as my schedule allows and will support our Association and cause in whatever way I am able. Since, I am just starting out growing ginseng, I think it is probably best to get someone with a bit more "hands-on" experience anyway.

3.) However, should no one be willing to step up and serve, I would reluctantly be willing to do whatever is in the best interest of the Association.

4.) While I realize that we are still setting up our procedures and protocol, often times the VP has some nominating responsibilities. However, let this serve as a solicitation to ANY interested parties to please step up and fill the necessary administrative and also to those that are simply willing to help us get this organization up and running.

Again, sorry that I will not be able to attend and I look forward to hearing the outcomes.

Warmest Regards,
Steven Neuliep