RE: {NC Ginseng Association} NC Ginseng Association Updates

Edward Fletcher

Mar 31, 2014, 5:39:46 PM3/31/14
to Chris Watson, nc-ginseng-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Chris,

As with all organizations, especially volunteer ones, it takes some time to get things going and often people don't get involved until they see things happening. Sort of a catch 22.

Personally, I hope it does continue. I have attended some of the meetings via telephone, since the 4 hour drive for a 1-2 hour meeting is just long.

I plan to continue in the association and hope to be more active in contributing.

Genuinely,
Edward J. Fletcher
Strategic Sourcing, Inc.
Botanical Division, C.O.O.
828.898.7642
Fax.898.7647
Efle...@StrategicSourcingInc.net
www.StrategicSourcingInc.net
Apr 1, 2014, 10:28:29 AM4/1/14
to Edward Fletcher, Chris Watson, nc-ginseng-...@googlegroups.com
I certainly do hope it continues too!! I too can't really take the long round trip drive unless we do it on a weekend and have some fun and or informative thing we do together..Thanks so much for getting the email out.
lauri

STEVEN NEULIEP

Apr 1, 2014, 10:37:19 AM4/1/14
to Lauri Wilson, Edward Fletcher, Chris Watson, nc-ginseng-...@googlegroups.com
I as well hope that the Association continues. And would also agree with Ed, in that, often times it takes a bit of time to build that momentum. Perhaps we should think more toward video meetings, as at least an option (on occasion) with many of us living vast distances apart. And especially, if the name NC is what our intent is instead of just western NC. Perhaps a more active list serve or google group could handle more proactively some of our communication challenges.

On a side note, I would like to thank Chris for the great job he has done as our communicator. Heard rumor that he is wanting to step back a bit, but would like to advocate for him continuing at least in some capacity, as the other thing that makes it difficult for upstart associations to really gel is constant turnover or one person doing all the work.

I as well will attempt to be more participatory, but again hope that the association continues.

Steven Neuliep