Re: NBGit

Jonas Fonseca

Sep 17, 2009, 8:30:00 PM9/17/09
to Theyaa Matti, nb...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 11:39, Theyaa Matti <theya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,

I took the liberty to CC the nbgit group...

>   I am RoR developer and I am very interested in using the NBGit plugin. I
> have installed it and tried to access a remote repository using publickey
> authentication. It did not seem to work.

Nbgit version 0.3 does not support push/pull so this is expected.

> I also tried to create a custom
> action and after creating each custom action, I was unable to use it because
> it was greyed out.

Was it greyed out when you used the wizard or after you created the
custom action?

>   Would you please provide some guidance on how to get the plugin to talk to
> a remote repository with public key authentication either directly or by
> using custom actions?
>   my configuration:
>    Windows XP,  Netbeans 6.7, NBGit 0.3

To use custom actions you need to have git-core installed. On Windows
this means that you either need to install the msysgit package or
compile git on cygwin. After that the instructions given in the
Options documentation should describe how they work.

- http://code.google.com/p/nbgit/wiki/Options#Custom_Actions

--
Jonas Fonseca