NbGIT API

mathieu

Nov 17, 2009, 5:52:25 AM11/17/09
to nbgit
Hi,

I am developper for scientific applications. In the scope of our
developpement (in java) we need to manage versioning so that I am very
interessted in your project. I would like to try to embedd your GIT
classes in my application without any GUI. Would you have any
documentation about the API and a simple programm test to try basic
functions (checkout, commit, etc)?

Thanks
Mathieu

Jonas Fonseca

Nov 17, 2009, 9:50:12 AM11/17/09
to nb...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 05:52, mathieu <lecl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

Salut,
NbGit uses JGit to interact with Git repositories, and JGit is
probably what you are looking for. It's main repository is can be
found at http://repo.or.cz/w/jgit.git ...

In terms of the API look at the Javadoc and the example programs in
the org.eclipse.jgit.pgm directory.

--
Jonas Fonseca

Shawn O. Pearce

Nov 17, 2009, 10:08:20 AM11/17/09
to nb...@googlegroups.com
Jonas Fonseca <jonas....@gmail.com> wrote:

> NbGit uses JGit to interact with Git repositories, and JGit is
> probably what you are looking for. It's main repository is can be
> found at http://repo.or.cz/w/jgit.git ...

Actually our main repository is hosted by the Eclipse Foundation
and can be found linked off our home page:

http://www.eclipse.org/egit/

The one you cite above is an infrequently updated mirror... which
also happens to contain our historical archives from the years
prior to the project joining the Eclipse Foundation.

--
Shawn.

Jonas Fonseca

Nov 17, 2009, 12:23:17 PM11/17/09
to nb...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Shawn, I still haven't quite adapted to the move yet ...
Jonas Fonseca

mathieu

Nov 18, 2009, 12:18:27 PM11/18/09
to nbgit
Thanks for your answers, that is exactlty what I was looking for.
Good luck for your future developments

Mathieu