Plugin portal and refactoring of the core code

Jonas Fonseca

Sep 14, 2009, 9:30:18 PM9/14/09
to nb...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Just a small "heads up" to this otherwise quiet list. Today I got news
that nbgit-0.3 is now available as part of the Plugin Portal update
center. Hopefully, this will get more people the chance to try it out.
I don't know what it will mean in the long run, but I feel it is an
important step towards being better integrated in the NetBeans
ecosystem. Thanks to Jiri Kovalsky to help out with getting the plugin
portal information corrected.

In other news, most of my work since the last release has been to
refactor the ugly blob of code in GitCommand into separate and
smallere files. The main motivation is to encapsulate the core code
interfacing with JGit so it will be easier to upgrade in the future
and test the code responsible for manipulating git repositories.
Regarding the latter, there are now 55 unit tests and hopefully more
when 0.4 will be released.

--
Jonas Fonseca

marc

Sep 15, 2009, 2:19:03 AM9/15/09
to nb...@googlegroups.com
Jonas Fonseca wrote:

Thanks for the update. Good to hear that you are refactoring for
maintainability. Excellent to have tests too; it'll make it easier for
others to contribute, as well maintain quality, of course.

--
Best,
Marc

"Change requires small steps."