Diff broken in NB6.9

Marcel Hild

Jun 25, 2010, 6:37:48 PM6/25/10
to nbgit
Hi,
I installed the somewhat unofficial version from
http://blogs.sun.com/tor/entry/nbgit_for_netbeans_6_9 (the one in the
comments).
It has an issue with showing a diff for a branch created from a
remote.

Something like
git clone g...@github.com:...
git checkout -b mybranch

Now the diff doesnt work, it says

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.spearce.jgit.lib.GitIndex$Entry.<init>(GitIndex.java:418)
at org.spearce.jgit.lib.GitIndex.readTree(GitIndex.java:798)
at org.spearce.jgit.lib.GitIndex.readTree(GitIndex.java:796)
at org.spearce.jgit.lib.GitIndex.readTree(GitIndex.java:796)
at org.spearce.jgit.lib.GitIndex.readTree(GitIndex.java:783)
at org.nbgit.client.CheckoutBuilder.checkout(CheckoutBuilder.java:
163)
at org.nbgit.util.GitUtils.getFileRevision(GitUtils.java:622)
at org.nbgit.ui.diff.DiffStreamSource.init(DiffStreamSource.java:217)
Caused: java.io.IOException: Can not load remote file for /path/to/
file/bs.js
at org.nbgit.ui.diff.DiffStreamSource.init(DiffStreamSource.java:245)
at org.nbgit.ui.diff.Setup.initSources(Setup.java:261)
at org.nbgit.ui.diff.MultiDiffPanel
$DiffPrepareTask.run(MultiDiffPanel.java:616)
at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:
1418)
[catch] at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor
$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:1957)

When working on a repository without remotes, it works.

With the official 0.3 plugin for NB6.8 this works for both cases.

Do you also see this behavior?

Any ideas?

Jonas Fonseca

Jul 1, 2010, 9:48:49 AM7/1/10
to nbgit
On Jun 25, 6:37 pm, Marcel Hild <h...@b4mad.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> I installed the somewhat unofficial version fromhttp://blogs.sun.com/tor/entry/nbgit_for_netbeans_6_9(the one in the
The CheckoutBuilder code has been rewritten a lot since the version
that appears to be in the nbgit plugin version you are using. Could
you give one of the plugins I uploaded yesterday a try and see if you
can reproduce it?

- http://code.google.com/p/nbgit/downloads/list?q=0.4

Marcel Hild

Jul 1, 2010, 9:58:25 AM7/1/10
to nb...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, works again. You saved my editor :)
Thank you so much...

marcel

Jonas Fonseca

Jul 1, 2010, 10:48:40 AM7/1/10
to nb...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 09:58, Marcel Hild <hi...@b4mad.net> wrote:
> Yeah, works again. You saved my editor :)

Great.

--
Jonas Fonseca