Volunteers Needed for PWTD Career Fair September 6, 2016

Q Miles

Aug 23, 2016, 11:12:26 AM8/23/16
to nbcfaein...@googlegroups.com
All,

Below is a message from Jodi Votel, Special Emphasis Program Manager, Western-Pacific Region requesting volunteers for an FAA Career Fair in September at the legacy Western Pacific Regional Office in Lawndale. This is an opportunity to assist in finding  qualified persons with disabilities able to compete on merit for future FAA job openings.

Hello Mr. Miles,

I am soliciting FAA managers and subject matter experts in various FAA career fields to volunteer to represent the agency at a  FAA Career Fair on September 6, 2016, to be held in the Triangle Room in the Western-Pacific Regional Office.

The event is specifically for Persons with Targeted Disabilities (PWTD) and our intent is to cultivate relationships within the community in order to attract qualified persons with disabilities to the FAA for future job openings. Professionals from Human Resources will be available during the event to answer specific questions related to hiring.

There will be two sessions:
September 6, 2016, 10am-12pm
September 6, 2016, 1pm-3pm

Volunteers may commit for one or both sessions. Because this is a volunteer opportunity, time away from regular duties should be coordinated with the first level supervisor.

Volunteers may contact me via email or by calling 858-537-5811. Your support of and participation in this event is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Jodi Votel
Special Emphasis Program Manager, Western-Pacific Region
Office of Civil Rights, Federal Aviation Administration

​Please see attachments.​ And thanks for all you do - everyday!!!!!!!

Quentin D. Miles

“Instead of making race-relations ‘issues of controversy’ awaiting adjudication and legal wins or losses, we need to make race-relations ‘opportunities of grace’ where we value one another as equals and adhere to the words of Christ – ‘In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.’” NASB Matthew 7:12. - qmiles

On Twitter @BruthaQ
On Facebook at Quentin Miles
EEOC PWTD.pdf
Hiring Fair for Those with Targeted Disabilities.ppt