Bullfrogs calling

rmb...@istar.ca

May 19, 2024, 10:27:17 PMMay 19
to natur...@googlegroups.com
"My" bullfrogs are calling loudly tonight, makes a great bass
background for the treefrog chorus. Was just out checking what moths
are coming to the light, getting a few new ones. The loons were
kicking up a fuss about something, and a whipporwill is singing from
my parking area. Feels like a good ol' summer's evening, heat and
alll. Supposed to cool down this week, I hope so, I have some
gardening to do and don't like working when it's too hot.

If y'alls have lilacs grab a chair and a cool drink and sit out there
and watch the butterflies and bumblebees, I spent 40 minutes with the
camera taking photos today of swallowtails, red admirals, Juenal
duskywings and a mourning cloak working over the blossoms in between
the bees. One hummingbird moth was working through but buzzed around
in such a way I couldn't get a bead on it with the lens.

Rose-Marie, north of Perth Road Village