Warm Weather brings many returning birds

kerryc...@xplornet.com

Apr 15, 2023, 11:01:08 AM4/15/23
to Naturelist

I heard two wood thrushes in Limerick Forest north yesterday pm. Also heard an American bittern on Stone Road and lots of towhees in the back 40.

Kerry

rmb...@istar.ca

Apr 15, 2023, 1:21:13 PM4/15/23
to natur...@googlegroups.com
I paddled down the lake to the dam. I scared one Canada goose off it's
nest as I had to paddle through the gap to the swamp. I heard one
sandhill crane calling overhead. Rufous towhees and field sparrows
were calling all down the side of the lake. At my feeder: the purple
finches are back. Quite the sight of bright red and yellow in the sun
as they squabble with the goldfinches over the perches.

Rose-Marie