Fragile Inheritance Database campaign - keep Fred busy!

Aleta Karstad

Apr 14, 2023, 7:41:19 PM4/14/23
to NatureList
Greetings NatureListers,

PastedGraphic-1.tiff

Having been distracted by an avalanche of excursions and alarms this spring, I’m appalled to discover that we’re within four days of the close of our fundraiser for the Fragile Inheritance Database - getting it online!

Several of our loyal friends have made generous donations, which has allowed us to pay our developer for the work he has done to prepare for upload, Fred’s 157,000 records (and counting). So far, so good! But there’s much more to do, for the database to not only be online, but accessible!

Meanwhile, Fred must continue to enter natural history observations and specimen data into his archaic Foxpro program, where depending on patched versions of Windows XP becomes more and more vulnerable to final obsolescence. When that time comes, with your help, data entry will be entirely online. Shortly thereafter, you’ll be able to query the database, and eventually, submit your own observations, either directly, or through the Fragile Inheritance project on iNaturalist. Sharing natural history is what it’s all about!

Now that Fragile Inheritance is incorporated federally as a non-profit organization, we are eligible for interns, and harvesting observations for the FI Database will be one of their tasks!

Check out the campaign at https://fnd.us/FragileInheritance.Database1?ref=sh_eBDW78
And don’t forget to share to everyone who may be interested!

Remember we have only four more days, and Thanks in advance for your support,
Aleta & Fred