Meeting of North Grenville Habitat Gardeners

Frederick W. Schueler

May 23, 2024, 5:30:23 PMMay 23
to Eastern Ontario Natural History listserve
Everyone,

The North Grenville Habitat Gardeners is a group that has been promoting
the restoration and gardening of native plants, they have put in a
number of garden beds of native species in Crozier Park (Oxford Mills)
and the Campus, and have worked with the 6 Grade class in
Oxford-on-Rideau school to grow and plant native species.

Here's the announcement of an organizing meeting that's to be held at
the Campus greenhouse tonight (45.00556°N 75.63695°W). Sorry it's such
short notice, I've been waiting for wording for those who aren't yet
members of the group).

fred.

> On May 19, 2024, at 9:52 AM, philip Fry <wildfl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Our next meeting of the Habitat Gardeners will be on Thursday, May 23
at 7 PM at the Greenhouse at the Kemptville Campus.

> There is a lot of good news.to share! The Grade 6 students at Oxford
Mills Public School have been working on a wildflowoer "footprint" next
to the three we planted [in Crozier Park] a bit late last year. The
footprints have done well. Also, the sale of Ladys Slippers has
excellent results, so we have a bit of money set aside to support our
up-coming projects!

> The meeting will convene at the Wildflower footprint at the west side
of the campus greenhouse so we can see what maintenance needs to be
done, then we will go inside to discuss plans for the future of the
group (for example, new projects and the possibility of arranging for
group orders of potted shrubs and trees from the Ferguson Forestry
Centre, the availability of seedlings for exchange with other members of
the group, etc.)

> The May 23 meeting will be important for the future of the group, so
please try to come if you can..

> Have a great holiday weekend,
>
> Philip

Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
Fragile Inheritance Natural History - https://fragileinheritance.ca/
FI Newsletter -
https://clt1233162.benchmarkurl.com/c/v?e=15E5037&c=12D10A&t=0&l=53EF5F06
Database fund-raiser -
https://clt1233162.bmeurl.co/F0DE970?utm_source=BenchmarkEmail&utm_campaign=January_-_February_2023
2022 annual letter: https://clt1233162.bmeurl.co/EFE49F7
6 St-Lawrence Street Bishops Mills, RR#2 Oxford Station, Ontario K0G 1T0
on the Smiths Falls Limestone Plain 44.87156° N 75.70095° W
(613)258-3107 <bckcdb at istar.ca>

Frederick W. Schueler

May 24, 2024, 7:08:51 PMMay 24
to natur...@googlegroups.com
On 23-May-24 5:30 p.m., Frederick W. Schueler wrote:
> Here's the announcement of an organizing meeting that's to be held at
> the Campus greenhouse tonight (45.00556°N  75.63695°W).

* and a quick report on the meeting: "...the rather chaotic discussion
in the small group was mostly about a salvage operation for slow-growing
woodland herbs that Philip Fry is organizing in some cleared woods, and
maintenance of the already-planted beds."

Anyone who wants to join this effort can see the facebook page at -
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1426173144894165 - or contact Philip Fry
<wildfl...@gmail.com> or Kathy-Ann Laman <kathl...@yahoo.ca>

fred.