Happy Migratory Bird Day- May 8th, 2021

1 view

Molly Monroe

May 8, 2021, 2:08:33 AM5/8/21
to Corvallis Sustainability Coalition, Natural Areas Action Team, Community Habitat, corvalli...@googlegroups.com, BirdList, mid-vall...@googlegroups.com

The Willamette Valley National Wildlife Refuge Complex is celebrating two events this month: World Migratory Bird Day and Natural Areas Celebration Week!

Both will be celebrated all month and everything is in Spanish and English.
World Migratory Bird Day:
We set-up three pop-up stations! Visit the Homer Campbell Boardwalk for Belted Kingfisher Yoga and visit Cabell Lodge for two activities: Turkey Vulture Cafe and a migration game that takes you out to Cabell Marsh.
Natural Areas Celebration Week:
Visit a kiosk at William L. Finley Refuge and grab a wildflower guide to help you Id the flowers around you. Take a self guided wildflower walk through the Refuge!
Special thanks to our partners and volunteers: Institute for Applied Ecology, Environment for the Americas, Corvallis Sustainability Coalition, Willamette-Laja Twinning Partnership and Pat and Bobbie Allaire.