March 23 5:30 Meeting for Trees in Low Income Neighborhoods

Lauren Merrill

Mar 16, 2021, 1:26:17 PM3/16/21
to natural-area...@googlegroups.com, communit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Natural Areas Action Team,

I hope everyone is having a great start to the week! Are we still in false spring or just barreling straight through to spring? The daffodils are out full force and many trees around my neighborhood are blooming.

What's blooming in your neighborhood? Do you have trees in your own yard or neighborhood?

Everyone should have access to trees if they want them, but that historically hasn't always been the case. Check out this video about tree inequity in Baltimore or if you missed it, this article that Annette sent out.

We hope to address this disparity in urban trees by focusing tree planting efforts in low-income neighborhoods. We'll be working with the City's Neighborhood Tree Program but are also looking to expand beyond that.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, join us for a meeting on Thursday, March 23 at 5:30 p.m.. This is a joint project between the Community Inclusion Action Team and the Natural Areas/ Community Habitat Action Team. I've included our Equity Impact Assessment of the project and the Action Review Form.

Please let me know if you can attend by Monday, March 22.

Here's the Zoom information:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87810699131?pwd=ZU9BeVgwOHVaU21NVFl5TW9hcVphUT09

Dial-in: +1 669 900 6833

Meeting ID: 878 1069 9131

Passcode: 764921

Thank you,

Lauren

CIAT_NAAT_EIA_12_09_20.docx
Action Review Form_NAAT_Trees_Low-income.docx

Lauren Merrill

Mar 16, 2021, 5:53:55 PM3/16/21
to natural-area...@googlegroups.com, communit...@googlegroups.com
This is a meeting for Tuesday, March 23 at 5:30 p.m., not Thursday!!

We also have our NAAT meeting on Monday, March 29 at 7 p.m. to discuss more projects and meet with team members to discuss ideas going forward.

Thank you and sorry for the confusion!

Lauren