Reminder - Volunteer Calendar - lots of May events!

1 view

Lauren Merrill

May 7, 2021, 12:31:22 PM5/7/21
to natural-area...@googlegroups.com, communit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Natural Areas Action Team,

Is anyone using the Conservation Volunteer Calendar? We currently have events with the Water Action Team, Corvallis Audubon Society, Native Plant Society, and River Keepers. Events added weekly!

An event with Willamette River Keepers is happening this Saturday, and a work party at the Audubon's Hesthavn Nature Center off Oak Creek is happening Sunday.

Also, is anyone interested in trail work? The C2C trail going from Corvallis to the Coast is in need of volunteers to adopt a section of trail and maintain it -- cutting back blackberries, salmonberry, Oregon grape, and salal from growing across the trail. If enough people are interested, we can adopt a portion and set up monthly or bimonthly opportunities to work on it. Let me know :)

The calendar is a great resource if you want to get involved. Check it out here, or add it to your google calendar to stay up-to-date!

Let me know if you have questions and I hope everyone is having a great start to their spring! I've been testing my wildflower identification and so far I've seen Pacific hound's tongue, Oregon fawn-lily,  snow queen, violet, fairy-bell, delphinium, camas, and others. Check out Peavy Arboretum, Bald Hill to Fitton Green, the McDonald Dunn, and more of our natural areas for blooms!

Thanks,

Lauren Merrill
Natural Areas Action Team
Corvallis Sustainability Coalition