Doodle Poll for NAAT Meeting

Lauren Merrill

Mar 1, 2021, 2:36:26 PM3/1/21
to natural-area...@googlegroups.com, communit...@googlegroups.com, Molly Monroe
Hi Natural Areas Action Team,

Time to shake off those winter cobwebs.This has felt like a LONG winter, even if it's been relatively mild. If you're anything like me, there has been a lot weighing on your mind and body! Even if you've managed to keep your job or your own life has managed to stay somewhat "normal," the pandemic and its effects on our community are anything but. It's a really complicated time -- trying to be optimistic and finding ways to persevere, while also acknowledging that this is taking a toll on many of us, and that it's okay to not always be okay. Bleh!

If you feel that you have the capacity for it, there are still ways to participate in community. Spring is around the corner. Daylight hours are getting longer. Volunteer opportunities are becoming more available.

I'd like to have a Natural Areas Action Team Zoom meeting. We can talk updates, what we want moving into the future, ways you think our team can make a difference.

I'll be providing several updates:
- Pollinator plantings at Crystal Lake Park in Southtown
- Trees in Low-Income Neighborhoods
- Citizen Science Program with Nature's Notebook

Last year the pandemic reached the US just as I started as an Action Team co-leader. After a year where progress, in many ways, felt exceedingly stifled, I want to be able to create more opportunities for this group to appreciate and support Natural Areas. Will you join me?

Please let me know the dates you are available by filling out this doodle poll.

Also to get you pumped about meetings, here's the recording of the Sustainability Coalition's Annual Meeting if you missed it and want to watch here.

Thank you,
Lauren Merrill
Natural Areas Action Team
Corvallis Sustainability Coalition