Project Meeting Dec. 9th 6:30 PM

1 view

Lauren Merrill

Dec 8, 2020, 9:44:31 PM12/8/20
to natural-area...@googlegroups.com, communit...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We've got a new project to offer you! The Natural Areas Action Team and Community Inclusion Action Team are proposing a collaborative project with the  Corvallis Neighborhood Tree Stewards. The Tree Stewards are community volunteers who participate in tree planting and tree care around town.

The Action teams are specifically interested in addressing the lack of trees in low income neighborhoods. Areas without trees have less shade, contributing to hotter temperatures and less livable areas.

We need volunteers to find specific areas that fit the Tree Steward planting criteria, within these lower income areas. Volunteer opportunities include using a mapping program to identify these areas, planting trees, and participating in tree surveys during the summer.

Right now, our first step is to use an Equity Impact Assessment to inform our plans. It's important to look at our actions and ask questions about what we are doing -- think intentional community involvement rather than just going in, changing things, and saying that's that. I've included an ESA document in this email.

We'll be discussing the ESA tomorrow, Wednesday December 9th, at 6:30 PM over Zoom. Here are the details, please let me know if you can attend.

Here’s the Zoom link for the meeting:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84296412749?pwd=cmZGM3VFdXhSOUxpT0txekV3L1Y5UT09

Dial in: +1 669 900 6833

Meeting ID: 842 9641 2749