Video about the Neighborhood Tree Program in Falls Church, VA

Annette Mills

Mar 24, 2021, 2:11:26 AM3/24/21
to community-inclusion-corvall...@googlegroups.com, natural-area...@googlegroups.com, communit...@googlegroups.com

Hi, Community Inclusion and Natural Areas Action Teams,

At tonight’s meeting, Aleita mentioned the video that I sent out last December, following our discussion of the proposed tree planting project. In case you missed it the first time, this 30-minute video was produced in 2004 by Dave Eckert about The Neighborhood Tree Program, a program we started in Falls Church, Virginia, more than 20 years ago – and it’s still going strong! More than 1,000 large trees have been planted through this program, helping to create more livable neighborhoods. Here’s the link to the video: Laying Down Roots: Neighborhood Tree Program - YouTube

(FYI - The Village Improvement Society that’s referenced in the film is similar to a Village Improvement Society that was in Corvallis in the early 1900’s.)

As you’ll see in the film, tree planting among neighbors can be a great community-building activity!

Thanks for watching.

Annette

Annette Mills, Facilitator/Director

Corvallis Sustainability Coalition