Is NATS FIPS compliant

Paweł Rzepecki

Jun 28, 2019, 2:17:17 AM6/28/19
to nats
Hi guys,
NATS looks great to us and we are considering to use it in our system. However, we need to run it on systems with FIPS turned on.
Due to the fact that it's written in GoLang the question emerged, is NATS FIPS compliant?

Thanks a mill for an answer.
Cheers

Don Rude

Feb 26, 2021, 11:20:30 AM2/26/21
to nats
I am wondering the same thing... when I dug into the nats-server source I found it uses a GOlang crypto library... and that library can optionally be built against openssl which might provide compliance.

Derek Collison

Feb 26, 2021, 11:29:05 AM2/26/21
to nat...@googlegroups.com
I would run a FIPS compliant SSH tunnel and let NATS route over that versus trying to make it natively FIPS140.