Can chrome run nacl later?

李月平

Sep 23, 2019, 11:08:22 AM9/23/19
to Native-Client-Discuss

         hello! I am a developer, doing development on nacl, I would like to ask questions about NACL/PNACL. I saw that the PNACL was no longer supported in December 2019. Is this chrome browser, pnacl and nacl can not be used? Isn't it possible to use dll mode for local debugging?

my chrome is 76.can ues ppapidll local test.I want to know if it is not maintained, or it will not be used in the future.

李月平

Sep 23, 2019, 11:08:22 AM9/23/19
to Native-Client-Discuss

李月平

Sep 23, 2019, 11:08:22 AM9/23/19
to Native-Client-Discuss

李月平

Sep 23, 2019, 11:08:22 AM9/23/19
to Native-Client-Discuss
I am a developer, doing development on nacl, I would like to ask questions about NACL/PNACL. I saw that the PNACL was no longer supported in December 2019. Is this chrome browser, pnacl and nacl can not be used? Isn't it possible to use dll mode for local debugging?

my chrome is 76.can ues ppapidll local test.I want to know if it is not maintained, or it will not be used in the future。

李月平

Sep 23, 2019, 11:08:23 AM9/23/19
to Native-Client-Discuss

李月平

Sep 23, 2019, 11:08:23 AM9/23/19
to Native-Client-Discuss

         hello! I am a developer, doing development on nacl, I would like to ask questions about NACL/PNACL. I saw that the PNACL was no longer supported in December 2019. Is this chrome browser, pnacl and nacl can not be used? Isn't it possible to use dll mode for local debugging?

my chrome is 76.can ues ppapidll local test.I want to know if it is not maintained, or it will not be used in the future.

Derek Schuff

Oct 3, 2019, 11:55:20 AM10/3/19
to native-cli...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
As of February 2020, PNaCl will no longer be exposed to open-web pages (the last version that supports the Origin Trial is now 79). For now, PNaCl and NaCl will still work for Chrome Apps and extensions, but that will eventually be phased out too. The current proposal for the next version of the app/extension manifest (aka manifest v3, https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nPu6Wy4LWR66EFLeYInl3NzzhHzc-qnk4w4PX-0XMw8/preview#heading=h.5ottncv8stov) disallows NaCl. The exact rollout schedule (e.g. when manifest v3 will be required) is still TBD, but the end is eventually coming.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "ppapidll local test)" but if you mean a native dll that uses the PPAPI APIs, I expect that once NaCl and Flash are completely phased out, the PPAPI implementation will also be removed from Chrome.