Image orientation issue on google chrome

Jiten Singh

Oct 4, 2018, 1:37:56 AM10/4/18
to Native-Client-Discuss
Hi Guys,

From past 6 months we have been facing image orientation issue on google chrome.
There can be couple of reasons for that
  • The picture is uploaded, but when it is drawn in the canvas, it is sometimes displayed with thewrong orientation: portrait instead of landscape.
  • The picture is sent to our server with a wrong orientation, making our home-made algorithm not able to recognise the face. Also in some cases, the server triggers an error.
When can we expect to get it fixed?

Derek Schuff

Oct 4, 2018, 1:48:48 PM10/4/18
to native-cli...@googlegroups.com
It's hard to say based on the level of detail you've given here, but it doesn't sound like it's a native client issue. I'd recommend filing a Chrome bug at https://crbug.com and adding more detail about how to reproduce the problem, so that it's easier to figure out which component is related.