ui.LATEST logging for NaCl no longer seems to work

Julian Churchill

Apr 11, 2019, 11:04:44 AM4/11/19
to Native-Client-Discuss
Hi,

We've noticed that the NaCl component of our Chrome extension no longer logs to /var/log/ui/ui.LATEST on Chromebooks with version 72 onwards. (We're unsure if it happens in 71... afraid we've been unable to downgrade a Chromebook to test this). We are sure that logging to ui.LATEST was working with Chrome OS 70 and earlier.

To eliminate our application we've also been testing with https://gonativeclient.appspot.com/demo/life . This produces a single line of logging on startup in ui.LATEST of "Started main." after a log line from the browser indicating the native module has loaded at a memory address. We have been able to test this on a Chromebook running Chrome OS 58 and the log line appears. On Chromebooks with Chrome OS 72 and 73 these lines do not appear anymore.

Does anyone have any ideas what is happening? We would dearly like to be able to get our NaCl logs from ui.LATEST again. Have they moved or STDOUT/STDERR redirection been disabled in Chrome OS 72 onwards?

Many thanks,
Julian

Jon Mullen

May 20, 2019, 5:50:55 PM5/20/19
to Native-Client-Discuss
I noticed this as well.  Have you made any progress on this issue?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted