Native Client and a platform independent NPAPI proposal

David Sehr

Jul 7, 2009, 9:13:02 PM7/7/09
to native-clie...@googlegroups.com
All,

A number of us have been looking at how to address some of the issues we have observed in writing NPAPI plugins that need to be supported across
multiple operating systems and browser platforms, and also the issues of using NPAPI from inside a Native Client module.  I am happy to announce
that we have just put a proposal on the Mozilla wiki describing some changes we believe will greatly improve the situation.  As part of the next stage
of Native Client, over the next few months we plan to start implementing these changes to NPAPI, and to re-enable our NPAPI support.  This will
allow pages to use Native Client modules for a number of the purposes that browser plugins are currently used for, while significantly increasing their
safety.  We look forward to your comments on native-client-discuss.

Have a look at https://wiki.mozilla.org/Plugins:PlatformIndependentNPAPI.

Cheers,

David