new NaCl release

Brad Chen

Apr 24, 2009, 11:25:05 AM4/24/09
to native-clie...@googlegroups.com

A new Native Client release went out yesterday evening. Some noteworthy changes:
  • GDB support. We now ship a Linux version of GDB that works with sandboxed NaCl modules. Enjoy!
  • The Linux outer sandbox is included in this release, disabled by default.
  • Many bug fixes, including a number of contest issues. We also decided to protect the entire bottom 64KB of the NaCl address space. This should hopefully give us a little extra protection against 16-bit address arithmetic.
  • A custom Google Search box to search the Native Client online docs and source code.
  • Re-organized the platform-specific setup instructions, hopefully making them easier to follow.
  • A number of build and include related clean-ups and changes to improve maintainability and testability.
Please see the RELEASE_NOTES for more details on this release.

This will likely be our last "tarball" release before the end of the Native Client Security Contest, about ten days away. Once the contest has concluded, the Google engineering team will be moving our development into our open SVN repository, hopefully making it easier for the community to track our progress, and to use and contribute to the system. At the same time we will be changing other parts of our infrastructure to leverage the great build and test infrastructure from the Chromium browser.

Thank you for your interest in Native Client.

The Native Client Engineering Team