SNOMED Code DisplayNames - (f)(7) Transmission to Public Health Agencies - Health Care Surveys

jst...@epic.com

Apr 14, 2021, 12:30:06 PM4/14/21
to National Health Care Survey Testing Tool
Team,

The displayNames for some SNOMED codes in the test data do not appear to be in line with C-CDA Best Practices in the C-CDA Scorecard.

C-CDA Scorecard

Test Data

Examples
* OP - 8517006 "Former Smoker" would be "Ex-smoker"
* IP - 449868002 "Current Every Day Smoker" would be "Smokes tobacco daily"
* ED - 266919005 "Never Smoker" would be "Never smoked tobacco"

Brian - Could you please confirm that using the SNOMED code displayNames as reflected by C-CDA best practices is appropriate?

Thanks,
John

Brian Gugerty

Apr 15, 2021, 3:55:12 PM4/15/21
to National Health Care Survey Testing Tool
John,

Thank you for brining this to our attention. Yes, I am confirming that using the SNOMED code displayNames as reflected by C-CDA best practices is appropriate.

Regards,

Brian Gugerty
CDC's National Center for Health Statistics