Local version of test tool returning error, NIST hosted version not returning same error

Earl Evans

Dec 11, 2019, 2:29:26 PM12/11/19
to National Health Care Survey Testing Tool
Greetings,

I have downloaded a local instance of the NHCS testing tool:

nhcsValidation12-1.2-20191105.tar.gz

My local version of the test tool (both web-based and command-line based) is returning results that are different than the NIST hosted version.

The local version returns a single CDA schema validation error, with an error count of 1. The NIST hosted version does not display this error, instead having an error count of 0.

Both local and NIST-hosted appear to display the same number and content of warnings (although I did not explicitly compare them all).

Can you advise - after installation and configuration, is there some additional configuration setting that should be made which would affect the validation results?

I am running the local test tool with Java 8.

Thanks very much,

- Earl

Andrew McCaffrey

Dec 12, 2019, 2:46:09 PM12/12/19
to Earl Evans, National Health Care Survey Testing Tool
Hi,

The only configuration that sometimes needs adjusting is the voc.xml
file which the tool can sometimes have difficulty finding (depending on
the OS). However, that is solely a concern for the schematron part of
the validation and this sounds like it is occurring in the schema
portion which should not need to be configured. Could you post the
error you are seeing in one place but not the other and the XML that is
being validated (off-list if you would prefer).

Thanks,
-Andrew