<We will send the hindi release in another hour>
Please find attached the detailed analysis of new Lok Sabha MPs. There are two files: one is the press release and another one is the details of criminal cases, assets and the list of all candidates with criminal records who lost. A few highlights:
1. There are 150 newly elected MPs with criminal cases pending against them. Out of these, there are 73 MPs having serious charges against them.
2. As compared to 2004, the no of MPs with criminal records has gone up. There were 128 MPs with criminal cases in 2004 Lok Sabha out of which 55 had serious criminal records. There is an increase of about 17.2% in MPs with criminal records and 30.9% increase in the number of MPs with serious criminal records.
3. BJP has maximum MPs having criminal cases – 42 MPs have criminal cases against them, out of which 17 MPs have serious criminal cases against them. It has followed by congress – 41 MPs with criminal cases out of which 12 MPs have serious charges against them.
4. Amongst the states, UP has maximum MPs with criminal cases (total of 31 out of which 22 have serious charges against them). Maharashtra is second with 23 MPs having criminal cases out of which 9 have serious cases against them.
5. There are 300 crorepati MPs in the new Lok Sabha. This is a huge increase from what the number was in 2004
Thanks and Regards,
Get contesting candidates information: http://myneta.info