Cannot run CVI-6 AND CVI-5 on one Computer with NiDAQ-49 !...

Manfred Rieder

Oct 6, 2001, 9:39:32 AM10/6/01
Cannot run CVI-6 AND CVI-5 on one Computer with NiDAQ-49 ! Was always
OK before .... and important !

M.R. Electronics - UK, Manfred Rieder <----
Working for various Companies in the UK, BEA-Systems, Marconi, Graseby
and need to run different Versions of CVI on one PC. In the past this
was easy and we got used to it. CVI6 and NIDAQ49 will not allow this.
Very unfortunate ! Can you help, please ? (Windows ME/2000)

Jason F.

Oct 8, 2001, 7:08:58 PM10/8/01
You can run multiple versions of CVI on the same machine, including
CVI 6.0. The main thing to remember is to install each version to an
entirely different directory than the others. There will be only one
version of the run-time engine installed though, and it must be the
version compatible with the latest version of CVI you have installed
(this is most likely already true on most systems unless it was
explicitly removed and reinstalled apart from any IDE).

As far as NI-DAQ 4.9 (is this the version that you actually meant?),
it should be usable in either version of CVI (5 or 6) when accessing
the functions via the NI-DAQ dll. Now, the Easy/IO for daq function
library you may have installed with CVI 6.0 (possibly even 5.0) might
not be compatible with NI-DAQ 4.9. What you can do to remedy this is
to copy the easyio.lfp and easyio.lib files that are installed with
NI-DAQ 4.9 to each of your CVI versions' ...cvi\bin directories and
the easyio.h file to your ...cvi\include directories (You may need to
just install NI-DAQ 4.9 to a separate machine to obtain a copy of this
version of the aforementioned files). Lastly, I'm not really sure why
you are using NI-DAQ 4.9 (if you are), but I would suggest upgrading
to the latest version, NI-DAQ 6.9.1. The upgrade might help you avoid
any problems altogether.

Other than this speculation I will need further elaboration to
pinpoint the problem.

Jason F.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments