conda envirement

Samra Hami

Dec 6, 2022, 1:25:59 PM12/6/22
to nat-user
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to make fafbseg work on my laptop but when I type dr_fafbseg() in R it says:

Error: Error creating conda environment 'C:/Users/samra/AppData/Local/r-miniconda/envs/r-reticulate' [exit code 1]

I also cannot create the envirement r-reticulate in the right path, but the path "C:/Users/samra/AppData/Local/r-miniconda/envs/" is there, just without the r-reticulate

I already created an envirement but its not in the right path as you can see here:
Screenshot (109).png

Unfortunately the base is set on the "wrong" path I think. It's supposed to be the first path in which the r-reticulate should be in.

The Anaconda Prompt was already on my laptop but I thought I needed to install miniconda so I think thats why the base is now set on the path C:/Users/samra/miniconda3/

Before I installed miniconda3 it looked like this:
Screenshot (91,5).png

Does anyone know how to fix that? Thanks in advance!

Greg Jefferis

Jan 17, 2023, 9:42:58 AM1/17/23
to nat-user
Dear Samra, I'm sorry I missed this message at the time. When you run R, what does

py_config()

return? I am not sure which conda environment R is finding, but ideally you would want it to be like the one in the second screen. You can probably delete your second miniconda install and try again. One question might be what the permissions are on 'C:/Users/samra/AppData/Local/r-miniconda/' i.e. whether you can write to that folder.

Best, Greg.