first meetup

Evan Hoff

Aug 17, 2008, 12:09:16 AM8/17/08
to nashvilleal...@googlegroups.com
I thought I'd ping everyone to see when they wanted to get together.

This week probably won't work too well since I know several of us are gearing up for DevLink next weekend (22nd-23rd).  I'd suggest we get together the following week.

Thoughts?  What part of town does everyone work in?  Do you have a preferred day of the week?

Evan

Alan Stevens

Aug 17, 2008, 9:05:32 AM8/17/08
to nashvilleal...@googlegroups.com
Who on this list will be at DevLink besides Evan and Me? If everyone will be there, we should arrange to meet up there.
--
++Alan

H. Alan Stevens

President, East Tennessee .NET Users Group:  http://etnug.org
blog:  http://netcave.org
twitter:  http://twitter.com/alanstevens

Podcast Interviews:
Visual Studio Extensibility:  http://tinyurl.com/yogrgy
Entity Framework:  http://tinyurl.com/2n9kal
Visual FoxPro:  http://tinyurl.com/2kfex4

Chris Hefley

Aug 17, 2008, 9:06:33 AM8/17/08
to nashvilleal...@googlegroups.com
Note that the next weekend is Labor day, and some folks may have already headed for the beach (or wherever) by Thursday or Friday. I work in Brentwood, so my unbiased opinion is that Brentwood is an excellent place to meet. I nominate Old World Leaf and Ale in the Publix shopping center in Maryland Farms. They have a little room, and my previous experience is that it's not too busy in the afternoon after work.

Troy DeMonbreun

Aug 17, 2008, 2:05:27 PM8/17/08
to nashvillealtnet-discuss
I work in MetroCenter, a bit north of downtown. Somewhere central
Davidson works best for me. Time of the meeting also has an effect
depending on traffic. For instance, at 5:00 getting to Brentwood has
taken me up to 45 minutes. Mondays and Fridays are out for me, every
other Wednesday is out, but Tuesdays and Thursdays are great. I
suggest you just go with the others' majority so you won't have to
write an algorithm to fit my schedule. :-)

I'll be at DevLink, but just on Friday and even then I won't be able
to hang out afterwards. So, if you and Alan can keep me in the loop
I'll see if I can make it when you guys meet.

- Troy

Alan Stevens

Aug 17, 2008, 2:10:23 PM8/17/08
to nashvilleal...@googlegroups.com
Troy,

I'll be in open spaces all day both days. Please come by and introduce yourself on Friday.

++Alan

Troy DeMonbreun

Aug 17, 2008, 9:32:56 PM8/17/08
to nashvillealtnet-discuss
So open spaces runs in tandem to the regular agenda, then?

- Troy

On Aug 17, 1:10 pm, "Alan Stevens" <alanstev...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Troy,
>
> I'll be in open spaces all day both days. Please come by and introduce
> yourself on Friday.
>
> ++Alan
>
> On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 2:05 PM, Troy DeMonbreun
> <TroyDeMonbr...@gmail.com>wrote:
> Visual FoxPro:  http://tinyurl.com/2kfex4- Hide quoted text -

Alan Stevens

Aug 18, 2008, 6:44:52 AM8/18/08
to nashvilleal...@googlegroups.com
Yes, this is part of my quest to involve a larger community in the Open Spaces format. It worked well at CodeStock.

Brett Baggott

Aug 19, 2008, 11:34:32 AM8/19/08
to nashvillealtnet-discuss
One thing about Open Spaces at CodeStock that was awesome, it was
always running and you could pop in there in between sessions and
participate. i.e. it didn't stop in between sessions, if anything it
heated up cause the speakers all headed there.

I 2nd the motion for a quick meetup at DevLink, it wouldn't even have
to be formal, just pick one of the breaks on Friday and say let's all
try to get to the same place. I know I'll be stopping by the Open
Spaces room frequently.

As far as the meeting goes, Mondays will always be difficult for me
but other than that, I'll move as many mountains as I can to get
there, just say when.

On Aug 18, 5:44 am, "Alan Stevens" <alanstev...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, this is part of my quest to involve a larger community in the Open
> Spaces format. It worked well at CodeStock.
>
> On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 9:32 PM, Troy DeMonbreun
> <TroyDeMonbr...@gmail.com>wrote:
> > > Visual FoxPro:  http://tinyurl.com/2kfex4-Hide quoted text -

Colin Callahan

Aug 19, 2008, 11:46:54 AM8/19/08
to nashvilleal...@googlegroups.com
I'll be at DevLink on Friday definitely and some on Saturday. I'm pretty flexible on the meeting day as long as I have some notice.
Colin