Fwd: You are invited...

Evan Hoff

Nov 12, 2008, 6:12:17 PM11/12/08
to nashvilleal...@googlegroups.com
FYI..Since this is a much smaller group than the main UG list, I thought I'd forward it to you guys.

Evan

Date:   Wednesday, November 19th
Time:   6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Location:       Microsoft office- 2555 Meridian Blvd, Suite 300, Franklin, TN 37067
RSVP by:        Monday, November 17th, 2008

Compuware and Microsoft have partnered again to bring you an evening of new technology and a peek into the future of Visual Studio.  Please join us for this complimentary seminar featuring an opportunity to learn from one of Microsoft's finest- Mark Mydland.  Compuware and Microsoft are proud to present on the topic Visual Studio 2010!

To register, please reply by email to Jeanne Waskiewicz at: Jeanne.W...@compuware.com
or by phone at (615) 238-0333.  Seating will be limited to only 60 guests, so please RSVP as soon as possible.

Registration will close at 5 PM Monday the 17th or when we meet our cap of 60

--- Agenda ---

6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – Dinner and Presentation, including an open question forum
7:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.  - Questions and Answers

Breaking Serve on Dev/Test Ping Pong in Visual Studio 2010

This has probably never happened to you, but picture this scenario: a tester finds a bug, writes it up, and sends it to the appropriate developer.  The developer can't reproduce the bug and sends it back.  The tester digs around a bit more to find better repro steps.  The developer insists it's a configurable error of the tester.  Back and forth we go.  In VSTS 2010, this process is streamlined by automatically gathering critical information about the project and code and making that data available when, where, and to whom it is needed.  During this talk, Mark Mydland (Principal Group Manager of VSTS Test) will demonstrate these cool new features and dive into technical topics on the new architect tools, some amazing research work for concurrency and for bounds checking, 3-tier execution, and data recording (aka "Tivo for debugging").

Speaker Bio

Mark Mydland is the Principal Group Manager for the Visual Studio Team Edition for Software Testers product at Microsoft.  In the past 12 years, Mark has worked as a developer and consultant across a wide variety of applications and industries.  Mark first joined Microsoft in 2001 working as a member of the Natural Interactive Services Division (NISD).  During his time in that group, Mark was the development manager for a team focused on analytics for assessing the efficacy of natural language interpreters with a particular emphasis on driving authoring simplification and relevance quality for user assistance.  Based on this work, Mark filed numerous patents and coauthored a paper for the SIGIR journal.  In 2004, Mark left Microsoft to work as a Director of Development at Getty Images where he led a change in process from a traditional waterfall methodology to a scrum-based agile approach which brought the release frequency from 12-18 months down to 1 month.  Since Getty made extensive use of VSTS, it seemed a natural fit for Mark to join VSTS on his return to Microsoft in 2006.  Mark received his B.S. from West Point in 1991.  He has also held positions with USWeb/marchFirst and Andersen Consulting/Accenture.

Regards,

Amy Boegh | Technical Recruiter | COMPUWARE
Office:  (615) 238-0355 | Mobile:  (615) 975-1898
Toll Free:  (800) 520-7721 | Picture (Metafile)
Picture (Metafile)

ole0.bmp
ole1.bmp
ole2.bmp