At least 7 dead, including 3 kids, after female shooter opens fire at Nashville Christian elementary school

Leroy N. Soetoro

Mar 27, 2023, 3:16:44 PM3/27/23
<https://nypost.com/2023/03/27/at-least-3-killed-gunman-dead-in-nashville-
school-shooting-reports/>

Seven people were killed, including three children, after a shooter opened
fire inside a private Christian elementary school in Nashville on Monday.

Police said they received a call at 10:13 a.m. about an active shooter at
the Covenant School, with police rushing to the scene to clear the halls.

At the scene, police heard gunshots on the second floor and rushed to a
lobby-type area where they came across a 28-year-old Nashville woman who
was strapped with two assault rifles and a handgun.

The shooter had killed three students and three staffers before she was
fatally struck by responding officers by 10:27 a.m.

Police have yet to publicly identify the shooter or the victims, but
initially said they had thought the shooter was a teenager, before
confirming her age. They later said at a press conference the shooter was
a former student at the school, but a motive for the shooting has yet to
be established.

Officials noted that the only other person hurt at the scene was an
officer who cut his hand on broken glass.

“[Three] pediatric patients were transported to Monroe Carell Jr.
Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, all having suffered gunshot wounds. All
three were pronounced dead after arrival,” John Howser, chief
communications officer for Vanderbilt University Medical Center, said in a
statement.

The Nashville police said in a tweet: “An active shooter event has taken
place at Covenant School, Covenant Presbyterian Church, on Burton Hills
Dr.

“The shooter was engaged by MNPD and is dead.

“Student reunification with parents is at Woodmont Baptist Church.”

The Vanderbilt University Medical Center had been put on alert to take in
the injured being transported from the school, who were reported dead at
the hospital.

The FBI and Nashville branch of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms
and Explosives has also deployed agents to assist in investigating the
attack.

The Covenant School, which teaches students in grades pre-K through 6th
grade, has about 200 students enrolled, according to its website.

Nashville Councilman Freddie O’Connell said in a statement: “Nashville
has, sadly, today joined the communities that have experienced a school
shooting. For now, my focus is turning to supporting the impacted families
and revisiting our efforts to prevent these horrifying scenarios.”

Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee said he was closely monitoring the situation,
adding that the state Highway Patrol and Department of Safety officers are
assisting first responders.

“As we continue to respond, please join us in praying for the school,
congregation & Nashville community,” Lee said.

US Sen. Bill Hagerty (R-Tenn.) of Nashville added: “Devastated and
heartbroken about the tragic news at Covenant School. I’m grateful to law
enforcement and first responders for their heroic actions. I am monitoring
the situation closely, and my office is in contact with local officials &
available to anyone needing assistance.”

Comments:

JJD
2 hours ago

Guns have been around for hundreds of years and no mass shooting.
Internet and violent video games have been around for 20 years and tons of
mass shootings. It's not the guns. It's the people.

--
"LOCKDOWN", left-wing COVID fearmongering. 95% of COVID infections
recover with no after effects.

ballots. Report voter fraud: sf.n...@mail.house.gov

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.