Requiem Declarations, Purchases, Sheet changes, and Downtimes

Storyteller

Feb 9, 2016, 4:45:38 PM2/9/16
to Nashville Unveiled

    As always, the deadline for declarations between games is the Thursday at 7pm preceding a game.  Feel free to email me as you have in the past, or (preferably!) use the online form.

    The Requiem form is here:  https://goo.gl/IOBPIw

    Some people get very confused about what to do between games, and using the form may well help you.  I added a bunch of help text there, so if you're confused, reading it will give you some tips.

    The form also covers questions to the ST, filing new Aspirations, and other helpful things that get you thinking about your character and give me information to prepare the game session for what you're looking at doing.

    The biggest point of slowdown at the start of game is people sitting with me trying to think of what to do.  You don't *have* to do anything between games.  After that, simply declaring things covers most stuff: just say what you did. Done!

    Downtime actions are a specific mechanic only useful for certain types of characters and playstyle: if you are using a resource against somebody else's resource (corporate/influence/control combat), or to do a prepared ritual, or other things that need draws and mechanical resolution.  That's why they are limited in number.

    Just as somebody playing a Carthian doesn't need to know what the rules and mechanics are for performing a Lancea Miracle, unless you're doing specific types of extended actions that require it, you don't need to file Downtime Actions.  If you do, I'll tell you and help you out with it.

    On the other hand, everybody should have Aspirations for their character, and most of y'all have questions.  So, hit the link, and file away!

--
Evan Edwards, Requiem Storyteller for Nashville Unveiled
Visit our website at http://nashvilleunveiled.com/

Emily/Doona

Feb 10, 2016, 2:04:11 PM2/10/16
to Nashville Unveiled
Thank you for the form.  I think it will help me A WHOLE BUNCH!!!

Austin Randolph

Feb 14, 2016, 8:55:25 PM2/14/16
to Nashville Unveiled
Is there link to the form on the website in a location other than here?

Evan Edwards

Feb 14, 2016, 9:19:05 PM2/14/16
to nashville...@googlegroups.com

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 7:55 PM, Austin Randolph <austin1...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there link to the form on the website in a location other than here?

​    Nope.

Jared H

Feb 15, 2016, 4:11:30 AM2/15/16
to nashville...@googlegroups.com
A Google Form is a fantastic idea for downtimes!