#Enraged: Looking for Help and/or Suggestions

Enraged Storyteller

Jun 1, 2016, 11:31:35 PM6/1/16
to nashville...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

So running this out of the Enraged book I cobbled together, now that Requiem and Mage 2nd editions are out is getting to the point where things are no long mechanically meshing well.  Because I don't have time to go through and revamp the book again, a suggestion has been given to me; to run Apocalypse by the core Forsaken mechanics.

Now, to do this, I need some assistance.  It doesn't have to be for the game in 3 days (because let's face it, that's ridiculous), but I'd like to be ready by next chapter to do a conversion.  There is a 1st edition conversion guide to take Apocalypse to Forsaken mechanics, and that's an option, but it's not something I want to do without some weigh in from the players.

The other option is convert Apocalypse wholly to Forsaken, and run it, genre and all, out of the Forsaken book.  That's a much easier mechanics change, but that changes the game fundamentally and means I will need to brush up on my Forsaken knowledge, which means I'll need help in another avenue, from those who are more versed in Forsaken than I.

So what do you think?  Can anyone help get this ready?

Chris
Enraged ST

Matthew Covington

Jun 1, 2016, 11:41:01 PM6/1/16
to nashville...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

I'm not as versed as some of the other players in Forsaken, so I apologize if this is an ignorant question. But how would the second option affect the story and type of game you have put together and are working towards? It may be the "easier" mechanically but does it change your intent? I'd hate to see you be forced to heavily skew your ideas, if that were the case. Just something to think about?

All of that being said, whatever you decide on, just let me know and I can try to help however you need.

Matt C.

Chris Roberts

Jun 1, 2016, 11:47:26 PM6/1/16
to nashville...@googlegroups.com
It would change the focus of the game, but the story so far will remain unaffected.  It will just shift gears.  I already have some plans no matter which way we choose, for how the plot can handle the changes we decide on.

My ST style is "reactive," so I modify things as the story progresses, as PCs make their moves, so that the plot flows along with it.  The same holds for this.

I honestly think there would be a bigger change to things by staying Apocalypse and converting the mechanics to Forsaken 2nd Edition, as it will fundamentally change what PCs can do.  However, if we do what we did with Mage, and do Super Sanctity of XP so that the Forsaken PC you create is based on the XP on your character sheet now, it allows a slighter shift, with new PCs that mesh further with the change in plot and theme.

It sounds complicated when I put it to word, but I don't think there will be a major impact on plot and how things are running course now.

MES OOC:
Chris Roberts
US2012060112
Cam/Anarch (Primary): Volünd Lodinson
Cam/Anarch (Second Primary): Hallary

Sean Hadley

Jun 1, 2016, 11:58:00 PM6/1/16
to nashville...@googlegroups.com

I started with forsaken, and I feel my opinion may be biased. But forsaken is a different animal than apoc. As there are no lupus or metis, and as of 2nd ed mating with another uratha is not only permitted but encouraged. I loved the forsaken story and I believe there are enough plot things in enraged to make the shift to forsaken smooth. If you want a vote mine is for a whole conversion.

Chris Roberts

James Chatham

Jun 2, 2016, 5:18:21 PM6/2/16
to nashville...@googlegroups.com
Lookit that gorgeous split right down the middle...
--
Godspeed,
James R. Chatham