Hiring at GreenSight! Come work with me!

Joshua Judson Rosen

Feb 8, 2021, 12:34:47 PM2/8/21
to nashuarob...@googlegroups.com
If anyone's looking, or knows anyone who's looking..., get me a resume :)

GreenSight <http://greensightag.com/> is looking right now to fill a few of slots;
the most obvious fit for NRB type people is that we're looking for an
`embedded/robotics software engineer'--or, really, a systems engineer
who's savvy about software development.

Feel free to ping me with questions, of course.

I know big swaths of the economy of been contracting over the last year--
but we've actually been growing (it's been weird interviewing and hiring people
mid-pandemic, but we've been doing it).

Basic job description <http://greensightag.com/jobs/embedded-software-engineer/>
reads like so (and bear in mind that we're not looking for *perfect fit* so much as giving
a list of things that turn us on to candidates--the more of these points a candidate can meet
the better, but please don't shy away from sending a resume just because you can't tick
all of the boxes):

GreenSight is a dynamic, funded startup developing fully automated
drone systems and a wide variety of related hardware and software.
We are expanding an elite team of smart, hard working engineers
who can combine their skills to lead one of the fastest growing
industries in the world.

We are seeking an intelligent, intellectually curious and highly-capable Robotics
and Embedded Systems Engineer to be a high-level contributor on the development
of software for our drones and other robotic systems. You will scope, plan,
and execute embedded systems development and implementation across GreenSight’s
technology portfolio including drones, ground systems, cameras, and electronics.
You should be comfortable working semi-autonomously while meeting long-term goals.

Qualifications / Requirements:

* BS or MS in electrical or software engineering or computer science and 3+ years experience
* Experience developing software for autonomous vehicles
* Experience developing software on embedded Linux platforms and
other realtime operating systems such as ChibiOS, NuttX or FreeRTOS
* Can formulate software definitions and simulation/control models
for novel aircraft and robot configurations, using ArduPilot/PX4, ROS, and Gazebo
* Experience interfacing embedded hardware with sensors and mechanical actuators
* Comfortable simulating robotic behavior in Gazebo
* Experience with robotic arm control/path planning
* Familiarity with software development process tools such as Jira, git, gdb, etc
* Good written and verbal communications skills.
* Startup experience is also a major plus

--
Connect with me on the GNU social network: <https://status.hackerposse.com/rozzin>
Not on the network? Ask me for an invitation to a social hub!