SmartLogic presenting at NashFP meeting April 20th

Ashley Stotts

Mar 23, 2021, 4:58:28 PM3/23/21
to Nashville Functional Programmers
Hey Everyone,

I am new to the Nashville area (I live about an hour North in Bowling Green, KY) and I've been working with Scott Southworth to coordinate a talk with your group. I work at SmartLogic, and our team is passionate about Elixir and hosts the Elixir Wizards podcast (anyone familiar with it or a regular listener)?

Just wanted to share more information about the talk we're planning to give next month...always open to questions and/or feedback!

NashFP meet-up April 20th
Presenter: Melvin Cedeno
Topic: Teaching Functional Programming With Elixir
Description: This will be a talk about what I've learned from teaching functional programming with Elixir. I've taught over a dozen classes with the class room size averaging between 15-25 people. I'll be going over what Ive learned, and how I go about getting folks over their blockers. How to manage a class remotely, how to keep folks engaged, what material I've found to benefit people the most. You'll walk away with some insights to help to train new developers transition into the wonderful language that is elixir.

Looking forward to meeting everyone - hopefully at an in-person event in the future!