NashFP tonight (August 27)

Bryan Hunter

Aug 27, 2024, 1:41:38 PM (5 days ago) Aug 27
to nashfp
Tonight we will meet via Zoom (no in-person due to the super high COVID counts).

Zoom link:

We will start with open chatter at 6pm and then at 6:30 move to show-and-tell.  The agenda is wide open so bring whatever you have to share.

See you soon!

Bryan Hunter

Aug 27, 2024, 9:34:51 PM (4 days ago) Aug 27
to Nashville Functional Programmers
Another fun night! Thank you all. Here is the chat log.

18:30:08 From Bryan Hunter to Everyone:
Tim Dunnington will facilitate in September
18:33:25 From Mark Wutka to Everyone:
https://github.com/Swordfish90/cool-retro-term
18:40:21 From Bryan Hunter to Everyone:
https://hexdocs.pm/exla/EXLA.html
18:49:27 From Bryan Hunter to Everyone:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuation-passing_style
19:21:02 From jorendorff to Everyone:
https://fitzgeraldnick.com/2019/11/01/always-bump-downwards.html
19:30:31 From jorendorff to Everyone:
C++ closures are good
19:37:32 From Bryan Hunter to Everyone:
Mark shared https://ebpf.io/
19:39:15 From Mark Wutka to Everyone:
https://www.techmonitor.ai/hardware/suns_first_java_chip_offers_better_support_for_c_and_c__1
19:43:00 From Bryan Hunter to Everyone:
Reacted to "C++ closures are goo..." with 😆
19:45:14 From Tim to Everyone:
Have to step away, be back soon
19:53:10 From Bryan Hunter to Everyone:
“Distributed systems for fun and profit”
https://book.mixu.net/distsys/single-page.html

One of the text books for the Distributed Systems course at Georgia Tech that Jason will take at some point.
19:53:40 From Mark Wutka to Everyone:
http://spinroot.com/spin/whatispin.html
20:00:30 From Bryan Hunter to Everyone:
https://www.kry10.com/about
20:01:34 From Bryan Hunter to Everyone:
> Kry10 Platform’s approach can be encapsulated in one simple phrase: Trust but Isolate®.   KRY10 leverages the formal verification of the seL4 microkernel to bring you an operating system that is secure, self-healing, and dynamic with minimal downtime, even during upgrades. This approach builds on the concept of zero trust architectures by limiting the code that can run in privileged mode and isolating as many non-core capabilities as possible.
20:01:49 From Bryan Hunter to Everyone:
https://www.kry10.com/#platform
20:07:57 From Bryan Hunter to Everyone:
From Tim… https://www.haiku-os.org/