SOS --> Tbilisi MS S-1463 and Abu Qurrah

pietro.da...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2021, 5:40:33 AM10/26/21
to North American Society for Christian Arabic Studies
Dear all,

I hope this mail finds you well. As you can see in the object of the message, I need help to get some information about Tbilisi manuscript S-1463, transmitting Arsen Iqaltoetli's Dogmatikon. Several (full or partial) descriptions exist, namely:

1) A. K. BAKRADZE – T. M. BREGADZE – E. P. METREVELI – M. A. SHANIDZE, Kartul khelnats’erta aghts’eriloba (= Описание грузинских рукописей коллекции (S) — бывшего Общества распространения грамотности среди грузинского населения), vol. II, Tbilissi, 1961

2) B. OUTTIER, Le Dogmatikon d’Arsène d’Iqalto et ses modèles grecs, in Le Muséon 114.1-2 (2001), p. 217-226

3) I. LOLASHVILI, Arsen Iqalt’oeli : c’xovreba da moḡvaceoba, Tbilisi, 1978

4) J. C. LAMOREAUX, Theodore Abū Qurrah and John the Deacon, in Greek, Roman and Byzantine Studies 42 (2001), p. 361-386: 369.

5) Another unpublished description, which a researcher shared with me.

Now, these five descriptions, with regards to Abu Qurrah's works, do not match one another and are reciprocally contradictory in many (even most relevant) respects. I have tried to get in contact with virtually all the researchers I know by name who could help me answering my only actual question: which works by Abu Qurrah are contained in MS S-1463? Unfortunately, no definitive answer has solved the problem. I know it sounds like an easy-to-answer question, but when one is confronted by five different descriptions and nobody seems to know which is the right one, things become exceedingly complicated, especially if this 'one' is not a kartvelologist.
So, if anyone has an idea of the actual 'Abuqurrian' content of this MS, please contact me and help me to grab this information, without which an avenue of my research is bloked.

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Best wishes from Leuven,

Pietro D'Agostino

Albocicade

Oct 26, 2021, 7:36:49 AM10/26/21
to NASCAS
Dear Pietro,
I won't give you any answer, but you may try to contact Jost Gippert, who worked on the edition of Arsen's translation of TAQ's greek works for the project TITUS
I also have Datiashvili's 1980 edition of TAQ's works that I can share with you... but as it is in georgian, i cannot tell you if she says anything about this manuscript
Hope you will get the answer you need.
Cordialement
Albocicade

Pietro D'Agostino

Oct 26, 2021, 8:08:05 AM10/26/21
to nas...@googlegroups.com
Cher Albocicade,

Merci beaucoup pour ta suggestion ! J'ai déjà aussi l'édition de Datiashvili :)

Amitiés,

Mail priva di virus. www.avg.com

--
Dr. Pietro D'Agostino,
Postdoctoral fellow at Katholieke Universiteit Leuven - Universitas Catholica Lovaniensis