ACTS 1 & 2 reviewed by Adrian Pirtea; ACTS 3 in production

Alexander Treiger

Apr 19, 2021, 10:34:01 AM4/19/21
to nascas
Dear Colleagues,

I'm happy to share Adrian Pirtea's reviews of the two first
installments of Brill's "Arabic Christianity: Texts and Studies"
(ACTS) book series:

ACTS 1 = D. Bertaina, S.T. Keating, M.N. Swanson, and A. Treiger
(eds.), Heirs of the Apostles: Studies on Arabic Christianity in Honor
of Sidney H. Griffith, Leiden: Brill, 2019
(https://brill.com/view/title/38123);

ACTS 2 = B. Roggema and A. Treiger (eds.) Patristic Literature in
Arabic Translations, Leiden: Brill, 2020
(https://brill.com/view/title/56182).

Please find the reviews attached. The second review is open-access, so
it can also be consulted at this link:
https://rbecs.org/2021/04/13/roggema-treiger.

Adrian, thank you very much for reviewing both volumes so carefully!

I'm also happy to report that

ACTS 3 = I. Feodorov, B. Heyberger, and S. Noble (eds.), Arabic
Christianity between the Ottoman Levant and Eastern Europe
(https://brill.com/view/title/60193)

is currently in production (projected publication date: 19 August 2021).

For any questions about the book series and/or submission of
manuscripts, please contact me at atre...@dal.ca (I'm also attaching
an ACTS flyer).

Warm wishes to all,
Alexander Treiger
Pirtea-review ACTS 1.pdf
Pirtea-review ACTS 2.pdf
ACTS Flyer.pdf

Walid Saleh

Apr 2, 2024, 8:29:44 AMApr 2
to nas...@googlegroups.com, Rosa Hong
Dear Colleagues,

There is a new summer school at the University of Toronto Mississauga Campus (UTM). A new intensive Arabic summer program is going to be taught this year. Please see the poster for more information. The contact email is ut...@utoronto.ca

It is remarkably affordable (Canadian dollars!!!). This year I am teaching the Qur’anic Arabic intensive program.

Please circulate and inform your students.

Yours Walid Saleh
University of Toronto
QuranicArabicPoster.pdf