Arabic Akathistos

Ioana Feodorov

Oct 21, 2021, 12:28:26 PM10/21/21
to North American Society CAS
Dear all,
I am interested in sources, commentaries, and versions (manuscript, printed) of the Arabic Akathistos of the Mother of God, as a part of the Book of Hours/Kitab al-sa'at or as an individual text. Any hint will be highly appreciated.
Stay safe,

Ioana FEODOROV, PhD Arabic Studies
ISSEE, Romanian Academy
PI, ERC AdG TYPARABIC

sitkwa ...

Oct 21, 2021, 2:17:37 PM10/21/21
to nas...@googlegroups.com
As far as I know, the Book of Hours/Horologion/Ceaslov is usually called as-sa'âwî, at least in older MSS such as Sin Ar 232 (13th c.).  I know no early Arabic MSS (i.e. 13th c. or before) that include the Akathistos Hymn of the Mother of God in the Horologion.  Its proper place is in the Lenten Triodion, at Matins of the Saturday of the Akathistos Hymn.  I think its inclusion in Books of Hours is a later, devotional phenomenon.  I would be delighted to be proved wrong if anyone has more information!
igumen Andrew (Wade)

Bishop abrass

Oct 21, 2021, 2:59:39 PM10/21/21
to nas...@googlegroups.com
Mns de l'Horologion de Deir El_Chir des PP Basiliens ALepins:
No. 25 (1649)
No. 27 (1749)
No. 28 (1773)
No. 29 (1759)
No. 30 (1838)
No. 21_32 sans date

Sent from my Huawei Mobile

Elie Estephan

Oct 22, 2021, 8:27:28 AM10/22/21
to 'Aurélien Girard' via North American Society for Christian Arabic Studies
Good morning, Ioanna.

I pray you are doing well.

I have compiled a bilingual Akathist service for my parish use. I hope it is what you are looking for.
Attached is the file.

Have a great day.

Fr. Elie Estephan

Akathist bilingual.pub

Bishop abrass

Oct 22, 2021, 11:25:06 AM10/22/21
to nas...@googlegroups.com
Je ne sais pas votre but.
Il y a une traduction recente en portugais

Sent from my Huawei Mobile

Oct 22, 2021, 11:28:08 AM10/22/21
to nas...@googlegroups.com

Sent from my Huawei Mobile