CSCO volumes now online

Tom Schmidt

Jun 16, 2022, 7:07:27 AM6/16/22
to nas...@googlegroups.com
Hi friends,

 As many of you know, Archive.org has been placing the Claremont Theological Library collection online for a while now. The Links Galore website has been carefully tabulating the CSCO volumes into a spreadsheet and the number of links now reach well into the hundreds (be patient with loading the website, it may take a bit of time).

I said in a previous email that my understanding is that archive.org obeys all US copyright laws. If the document is in public domain then it is freely downloadable, if not, then one may "borrow it" for one hour. This is similar to how libraries in years past used to make a recording of audio and video cassettes which they would then lend out while keeping the original so as to preserve it from damage. Note that archive.org does not allow more than one person to borrow a volume at a time.

I am sure the author of the Links Galore website would love additional links to archive.org volumes that he has been unable to find, you can find his contact info on his website.

I thought you all might be interested

Tom

AURELIEN GIRARD

Jun 16, 2022, 10:08:08 AM6/16/22
to NASCAS
Dear all,
I am looking for Rafeq, Abdul-Karim, « Craft Organizations and Religious Communities in Ottoman Syria (16th-19th centuries) », dans La Shiʿa nell’Impero ottomano. Convegno di Roma, 15 aprile 1991, Rome, Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei, 1993, p. 25-55.
Many thanks for your help!
Aurélien Girard

Gregory Kessel

Jun 22, 2022, 2:45:00 PM6/22/22
to nas...@googlegroups.com
Dear Aurélien,

in case you haven’t yet received a copy, please find it attached.

Sincerely
Grigory Kessel
rafeq - craft organizations and religious communities in ottoman syria.pdf

SAMIR Khalil

Jul 7, 2022, 1:31:11 PM7/7/22
to nas...@googlegroups.com

Jul 12, 2022, 7:10:09 AM7/12/22
to 'Gregory Kessel' via North American Society for Christian Arabic Studies
Dear Grigory,

Many thanks!

All the best, Aurélien

Le 22/06/2022 à 19:44, 'Gregory Kessel' via North American Society for