Thank You! (And keyboard control oddity on Android)

Simon Pooley

Jan 10, 2020, 10:43:07 AM1/10/20
to Narrowboat Simulator
Hello! Thank you very much for all the work you have put in to this excellent simulator.

The boats handle very realistically and the humour in your captions and the various missions works nicely.

I particularly like the detail evident in the Pontcysyllte section - it was a lovely surprise to recognise the pub as I inched past the hire boats in Trevor basin.
Incidentally, a few years ago I had to perform your "Expert Mooring" scenario for real ... the only difference was that our mooring was on the opposite side of the canal to the target mooring in the challenge.

As well as using the browser version, I have installed the Android version on my phone: a Gemini PDA from Planet Computers https://store.planetcom.co.uk/products/gemini-pda-1
The Gemini runs Narrowboat Simulator very well, but there is an oddity with using the cursor keys: up/down-arrows control the throttle as expected; right-arrow nudges the tiller to the right; but left-arrow swings the tiller all the way to left after which none of the arrow keys can be used again until the game is restarted,

It would be good to be able to make some contribution in recognition of your efforts...have you considered adding, e.g., a PayPal donation button to the website?

Simon.