Repeatable crash using fullscreen option on v1.4 Mac OSX

Giles Williams

Jan 1, 2018, 4:30:11 AM1/1/18
to Narrowboat Simulator
If you set the in-game Option for fullscreen on the Mac OSX version, then at the next launch the game will crash with a segfault.

Using the green 'fullscreen' button at the top-right of the window to use fullscreen does not set this option in Narrowboat Simulator's user data, so will not cause this crash.

For a swift fix, I suggest (for the Mac version alone) removing the in-game fullscreen option.

(If you encounter this problem, you will have to edit ~/.godot/app_userdata/Narrowboat\ Simulator/save_game.dat to remove the fullscreen setting.)

-- Giles.

Michael

Jan 1, 2018, 8:28:05 AM1/1/18
to Narrowboat Simulator
I was able to reproduce this problem and the Mac OSX which I have made now available includes a fix for this error. It simply disables the full screen function on the Mac (where it is of not much use anyway).

You will notice the difference from the previous 1.4 by the "+Fix" in the version message. (OK, in case of error you wouldn't get that far anyway ;-))

MacOSX_Fixed.jpg