iOS testing version (hopefully) coming soon.

Michael

Jun 5, 2019, 2:46:31 AM6/5/19
to Narrowboat Simulator
Hi Apple users!
I just added a first test version of the Narrowboat Simulator to the Apple "Test Flight".
I'll post a link for testers as soon as it gets out of review (might take something from 1h to 1,5 days).

I really hope that it runs on your iPhones and iPad as well as it does on my little iPhone 5S. You see, my in house apple testing abilities are very limited. ;-)

Here's a list of devices that are (theoretically) compatible with NBS:
iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
iPhone 7
iPhone 7 Plus
iPhone 6s
iPhone 6s Plus
iPhone SE
iPhone 6
iPhone 6 Plus
iPhone 5s
iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation)
iPad Pro (10.5-inch)
iPad (5th generation)
iPad Pro (12.9-inch)
iPad Pro (9.7-inch)
iPad Air 2
iPad mini 4
iPad Air
iPad mini 3
iPad mini 2
iPod touch (6th generation)

Michael

Michael

Jun 6, 2019, 6:24:53 AM6/6/19
to Narrowboat Simulator
Public testing on Apple iOS devices is now available.

Here's the link: (Apple will require you to install its "Testflight" app.)

I'd be happy to hear from you good or bad news if you tested it. I'd like to know especially which device you exactly used.

Thank you.
Michael

chrisbi...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2020, 6:55:59 AM7/14/20
to Narrowboat Simulator
Hello,

Are you still taking beta tests for the iPhone version? The Test flight link has now expired, I was just curious. (Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max).

I was an avid user on my android and Chromebook, but I've moved over to apple and am a keen canal boater.

Having followed the route in Llangollen many times in real life, this brings back warm memories every time I play it.

Thank you

Chris

Michael

Jul 15, 2020, 4:38:39 AM7/15/20
to Narrowboat Simulator
Hi chrisbibby,

the test version for iOS will (probably) come up when I release the next update.

The previous test version was released at that time with the maximal possible time span of 3 months (I think). But I stepped back from a general release at that time because I wanted to first address some usability issues (touch screen on smaller iphones).

I'll still have to put some effort in the software (for the update) and for the iOS release.

But:
As my ownership of apple devices is minimal I am very glad about everyone who can run the test version as soon as it is ready (again).

I hope that I'll remember to post here again when it is ready to be tested. :-)

Michael

Darin Fryatt

Jan 23, 2021, 1:48:23 PM1/23/21
to Narrowboat Simulator
Hi Michael.

I came across this from the Keep Chugging YouTube channel - I am on an iPad Pro, & the online version works okay but the music/sound is choppy (using safari)

Looking forward to seeing an iOS release, this is a great I’ve not been onboard at the helm of a Narrowboat yet, but I think this will help get used to distances & controls.

Is there a mailing list too?

Cheers!

Michael

Jan 24, 2021, 10:52:41 AM1/24/21
to Narrowboat Simulator
Hi!
Nice to hear that the browser version works at least a bit on an iPad. (Sound can set to zero in the game options if it gets too annoying)
Performance will most certainly better in the "native" version.

There's no mailing list. If I remember, I'll do a followup msg in this thread.

Michael