Feedback 1.7 beta

Skylar TheWolf

Apr 28, 2019, 8:48:41 AM4/28/19
to Narrowboat Simulator
Loving the beta. Decided to do a free cruise with the boat otter. I decided to moor up on the side and there was a boat behind that wouldn't go past me. Ai needs more work :). Also made a gameplay video on YouTube.

Michael

Apr 28, 2019, 3:37:55 PM4/28/19
to narrowboat...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the AI are "Artificial Idiots". The reason is that they actually just move on a "wire" and just can move forward and backward. So to let those stupid guys go past you'd actually have to stop on the left side (which will then stop the AIs coming in the other direction).

Thank you very much for your feedback. And a video, great!

(I hope you don't mind if I link it here...)

Edit: Ok, saw in your video how the AI ships are "merging" in the Froncysyllte Basin. Maybe this'll get a bit polished until the release but I doubt that they act much smarter.

Michael

Michael

May 2, 2019, 2:54:25 AM5/2/19
to Narrowboat Simulator
I am now testing a kind traffic control sections (don't know how it is exactly called but it is similar to trains) where only one AI should be able to enter narrow or otherwise "critical" section at once. That will make the other AIs wait before those sections. Works fine so far. Sure, it is a bit boring if the AIs don't mess up (like in your video).

Michael

andy....@gmail.com

May 2, 2019, 6:50:26 AM5/2/19
to Narrowboat Simulator
Yes the AI's remind me of 4pm on a Friday at the first lock from the hire centre. I was that idiot.