Map: Suez Canal (navigation and salvage challenges)

Daniel Dugovic

Mar 26, 2021, 8:47:17 PM3/26/21
to Narrowboat Simulator
Due to recent events, I discovered this game via Narrow Boat (Canal) Simulator (trainsim.com) via Google Search while attempting to search for a Suez Canal simulator.

Please consider adding a Suez Canal challenge/simulation.

Please also consider adding a salvage simulation for cargo ships; I wonder how many containers would need to be removed in order to free a cargo ship, however I cannot find a cargo ship salvage simulator.

Thanks,
Daniel

Daniel Dugovic

Mar 27, 2021, 7:22:28 AM3/27/21
to Narrowboat Simulator
One could even consider simulating weather conditions of the recent incident. Reuters: "The principal causes were high winds and a sand storm that reduced visibility and rendered the ship unable to keep a straight course through the channel, according to the Suez Canal Authority (SCA). As the incident happened, stormy weather was buffeting Egypt, forcing the closure of several Mediterranean and Red Sea ports."

Darin Fryatt

Mar 27, 2021, 7:35:56 AM3/27/21
to Narrowboat Simulator
Maybe you should look at Ship Simulator?

Daniel Dugovic

Mar 27, 2021, 10:53:56 AM3/27/21
to Narrowboat Simulator
Excellent point, thanks I'll take a look.

Michael

Mar 29, 2021, 6:47:58 AM3/29/21
to Narrowboat Simulator
Hi, Daniel.
The Narrowboat Simulator is way too specific at the moment to be easily extended to include the "Suez Scenario".

Anyway it is an interesting challenge to think about solutions for this topic. Personally, i didn't know until this event that the Suez Canal has no locks. I would have thought that this would cause way too much (tidal) current in the canal but obviously, that isn't the case.

My personal idea would be adding many tons of salt to the canal water (close to the ship) to increase the lift of the water and raise the ship a bit.

Michael