Thanks, and rope idea

timho...@googlemail.com

Jul 28, 2020, 1:06:44 PM7/28/20
to Narrowboat Simulator
Hi, thanks for a great sim, I'm having a lot of fun with it.

One little idea, based on how I moor single handed in real life: Basically it would be great to be able to pull on and tighten ropes, especially the middle rope.
Thanks for considering!
Only other thought would it would be nice to be able instantly switch engine off instead of waiting, but that is very minor thing.

Michael

Jul 31, 2020, 9:13:32 AM7/31/20
to Narrowboat Simulator
Hi!
If a rope is a bit loose then you can untie it and immediately tie it again. But that isn't probably what you meant.

I'll keep this in mind. I'll have to find a way to do this without overcomplicating the user interface.

That's also one reason why I didn't add a Starter/onoff switch (or key or similar) for the engine.Maybe, some time in the future it might be helpful to add some "expert. mode" which then'd allow that an to move the throttle without being in gear (although I don't find any reason why to do this in this simulator).

I'll also have to deal with ropes/chains when the little tugboat (bantam) will finally be added to the game.