PC version

David Köhler

Mar 31, 2021, 10:37:56 AM3/31/21
to Narrowboat Simulator
Hello!
I am really enjoying this sim on the PC. Would there be a chance to update it for 1.10? Also maybe change the overlay a bit so it isnt as big on a screen compared to a phone?

Great game and really looking forward to seeing future updates on it :)

Michael

Mar 31, 2021, 10:59:34 AM3/31/21
to Narrowboat Simulator

(I just responded to david directly, but it is useful to but this in the group too)
Hi David,
1.10 basically has some polish regarding the touch interface and changed music & menu images. However, it does not include a content update (canals, tasks).

Anyways, if I find time, I will put up a PC version on the website. I hope that I remember to post an update in this thread. ;-)

About the overlay:
I'll have to see if a future version contains either some selectable option to scale the overlay or will just detect PC platforms (but not browser) and scale the GUI overlay down. This might also be desireable for mobile devices with bigger screens (i.e. 13" tablets).

But you can hide the overlay temporarily.
For that: Press the key "b".  (And "b" again if you want to show it.)

Tiller and throttle can be controlled with the cursor keys (and a joystick / gamepad if configured) without the overlay being visible.

I know this isn't that practical as you have basically no indicator where the tiller and throttle currently are set (tiller can be seen from certain perspectives though).

Michael