Hymn Suggestions and Psalms

Lorinda Hoover

Jul 5, 2012, 8:49:30 PM7/5/12
to narrative...@googlegroups.com
Three of us in NW/NC Iowa gathered today to work on hymn suggestions and the like for Narrative Lectionary readings through Advent.  I've put our worksheets in a folder in Google docs, and shared it (read-only) with this group.  Those of us in our local text study may add/edit things as we go along.  If someone wants to add our work to the wiki, that's fine, but I don't have time to do so myself, and I don't think anyone else in our group has wiki editing experience.

We also identified a related Psalm or Canticle for each week (sometimes more than one).  We would hope eventually to add collects/prayers of the day, etc., but we ran out of time.

You should note that we were pressed for time, and didn't always check to see what hymnals had the hymns in questions.  So don't assume that an empty space in the chart necessarily means that the hymn isn't found in that hymnal or supplement.

Lorinda

Cheryl Licary

Jul 11, 2012, 11:07:01 AM7/11/12
to narrative...@googlegroups.com
I'm unable to locate that folder. Could you help me find it?

Glidden United Methodist Church

Jul 11, 2012, 1:39:25 PM7/11/12
to narrative...@googlegroups.com
This is Lorinda answering from my church's Google account.
Sorry for the confusion:  I had Google send an automatic link first, and then posted a separate message

Click on this link: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2qo_HLzjgRDbTZ4bUFNLXg3VlU
That should take you the the main folder.  From there you can view or download (but not edit) the files in question.

I wish there were a way to store documents directly with Google Groups, or that folders I shared with the group would show up in the sidebar, but that does not seem to be the case.

Lorinda

Deb

Jul 22, 2012, 5:14:06 PM7/22/12
to narrative...@googlegroups.com
Thank you and your team for all your work! This is a Godsend for my worship team at my church.  Thank you!!!!
Message has been deleted

Tracy Spencer-Brown

Jul 31, 2012, 12:53:30 PM7/31/12
to narrative...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!  This is wonderful!

Trac

Juliet

Aug 1, 2012, 5:05:02 PM8/1/12
to narrative...@googlegroups.com
I'm new to this group and am still figuring out how to use it. Clicking on the link you provided didn't help find the document--just send me to a generic Google site.
Any other suggestions? Was anybody else able to access the information?

Lorinda Hoover

Aug 1, 2012, 5:24:30 PM8/1/12
to narrative...@googlegroups.com
I've tried attaching a ZIP file with the files in them for those of you having difficulty.  I think you have to be signed in to Google, and perhaps also signed up for Google Docs or Google Drive for the link I posted earlier.  Let me know if this works better.

Lorinda

Hymn Suggestions Plus Sept-Dec.zip

Jacob Henry

Sep 26, 2012, 3:47:00 PM9/26/12
to narrative...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for posting this, especially the Psalms. Do you plan to post Psalms for the rest of the cycle, or know where I can find corresponding Psalms for the Narrative Lectionary?
      Jacob

R. Scott Fuller

Sep 27, 2012, 2:50:51 PM9/27/12
to narrative...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lorinda, we here in Alaska thank you for your work!  Blessings, Scott

Lorinda Hoover

Oct 18, 2012, 8:05:45 AM10/18/12
to narrative...@googlegroups.com
Hymn Planning and additional reading possibilities for December 30 - Palm Sunday.  I've also added them to the folder I've shared with the group, and to the files section of the Facebook group.

Lorinda
Dec 30-PS Worship Planning.doc