BlackTie Planning

Michael Musgrove

Jun 3, 2021, 5:20:55 AM6/3/21
to narayana-users
In 2008 Red Hat announced [1,2] the purchase of software (renaming it as JBoss BlackTie) and kick-started a community effort to integrate Java and legacy transaction monitoring systems based on BEA's Tuxedo (which itself is based on open standards [3,4]). The source code is currently maintained in the narayana repositories [5,6] and the documentation is on the narayana.io web site [7].

Due to the lack of continued interest from the community in moving BlackTie to the next level we are taking the decision to stop active maintenance of the codebase. Our proposal is to move the codebase and the documentation back to their original location [8] and to update the status of the outstanding unresolved issues [9] to reflect the intention not to work on them. But this is a community project so we would like to give all stakeholders the opportunity to suggest alternative ways of retiring the project. We will begin the retirement process within the fortnight (17th June).

Michael Musgrove

Jun 30, 2021, 5:16:08 AM6/30/21
to narayana-users
We are starting the move of BlackTie from the main repository to its new home this week.

mku...@redhat.com

Jul 2, 2021, 11:45:12 AM7/2/21
to narayana-users
We have completely moved BlackTie codebase and documentation from narayana repositories to its original repository [1]