Seeking Guidance on Integrating Narayana Transaction Manager with Jetty and JBoss Weld CDI

Cheong

Jul 14, 2024, 4:33:35 AM (3 days ago) Jul 14
to narayana-users

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Narayana and am looking for guidance or examples on how to integrate the Narayana Transaction Manager with the Jetty Servlet Container (not a full-fledged application server) in conjunction with the JBoss Weld CDI transactional interceptor.

Currently, I've managed to get transactions working by explicitly calling begin, commit, and rollback. However, I would like to achieve this declaratively using the @Transactional annotation for better maintainability and cleaner code.

Any help, advice, or pointers to relevant resources would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Manuel Finelli

Jul 15, 2024, 4:50:51 AM (2 days ago) Jul 15
to Cheong, narayana-users
Hi Cheong,

If you haven't yet read it, the `Server Integration Guide` is definitely a great starting point. About JTA and CDI integration, Ondra wrote a nice article a couple of years ago. Also, Narayana has been WildFly's transaction manager for years hence I would also have a look at their code. Another successful integration of Narayana lives in Tomcat (Ondra wrote an article about this integration as well).

I hope this is helpful :-)

Manuel